Friday, May 23, 2008

Button Bakery

All buttoned up. . . ;o)

Dusky Butterfly Button

Ever since I started experimenting with buttons-- mainly for the benefit of a few family members who were interested in making their own polymer clay buttons to use in quilts-- I've been more or less hooked on buttons.

Glittering Granny Smith

I spend more time thinking about making buttons than jewelry, lately. This is probably partially a "honeymoon period" type thing, but I fully expect to come back to buttons every so often-- just like I do with my other pet projects (mokume gane, mini food, etc.).

Teensy Trio of Baby Buttons

I've even opened a second Etsy shop-- The Mossy Owls Button Bakery-- where I'll be offering some of my buttons and other sewing-related creations. I have no idea what kind of market there is for handmade buttons, and I'm still feeling things out, but it can't hurt to try. :o)

Luscious Teal Pair

If you'd like to see more button-y photos, you can check out the shop (linked above) or the button set on my Flickr. :o)

P.S. I don't know why it is, but Blogger seems to think I'm in a different time zone than I actually am. When I try to publish entries with a time stamp that's several minutes old, it still thinks the entry is "post-dated", and tells me it will publish it later! Pretty annoying, especially since I've checked the time zone setting, and it appears to be right. . .

5 comments:

Glitterd1 said...

This inspires me to stop putting off a button project. I got Emily a great little second-hand skirt that is missing 1 (of 3) buttons. I knew when I bought it (3 months ago!) that I'd replace them w/cute, girly PC buttons...but...they keep falling down the to-do list. LOL!

Good luck w/your button shop! They are all fantastic. I bet you do very well.

Tari of ClayButtons.com said...

Very Nice! Believe it or not there is a market for handmade buttons. I have been making buttons since 2002! I do several shows a year.
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

love your little buttons... the butterfly is so sweet!! can't wait to see more!

Sheikasaurus Rex said...

These are so adorable! I'm sure people will love them. :)

Michael said...

Thanks so much for all the kind, encouraging words! :o)

It's fun to try, no matter what happens.