Wednesday, October 14, 2009

*A Charming Exchange* Charity Auction

(Where has half of October gone?! These days are flying by with unsettling rapidity. I meant to blog about this a couple of weeks ago, but better late than never. . .)

You may remember that I was so fortunate as to be included in A Charming Exchange: 25 Jewelry Projects to Create & Share, by Kelly Snelling and Ruth Rae. (Or more precisely, some of my cupcake, cookie, and Pop-Tart charms were included in a couple of the totally "charming" projects in that gorgeous book.)

Well, this month Ruth and Kelly are auctioning off the pieces featured in the book-- and they're donating 100% of the proceeds to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. It's a great cause, supporting research to find a cure for breast cancer (October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month).

If you're on the hunt for a one-of-a-kind Christmas gift or just want to treat yourself to something beautiful (and support a worthy cause at the same time), please take a moment to look at the auctions.

The Charming Exchange blog has all the information you need, as well as lots of tantalizing photos of the items up for bid. There are some lovely works of art just waiting for that lucky highest bidder. . .

We'd also appreciate it if you can spread the word to any friends who might be interested.

Thanks so much!

5 comments:

Kelly Snelling said...

thank you so much for the shout out, michael! someone very lucky will be wearing those bracelets featuring your spectacular charms. and they'll be doing good for charity at the same time. hurray!

Sheikasaurus Rex said...

Hey Michael! I gave you an award on my blog! Check it you if you can. :)

Sheika
http://OMGcow.blogspot.com

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

I bid on and won one of the bracelets!
I also purchased cupcakes from you on Etsy.
Thank you for helping to inspire me Michael!!!

max xavier said...

I found your blog in a round about way, and now I am hoping you still check the comments here!!

I am just get into ploymer clay with VERY big aspirations of being the newest di Vinci. ok, not really, but I need a hobby that I can pick up and put down as necessary, and playing with clay is just fun!

But where do I start?? You have made such beautiful projects, surely you have an idea of what books I should get, and the necessary tools I should have. Care to spare a stranger a bit of advice?

David Thomas said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice piece of information with us.HI polymer Eraser