Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Three Little Tidbits

It's about time for a non-"Tuesday Ten List" post, I'd say. (g)

Of course, this will be nearly as choppy as a list. . . What can I say? That's how I think. I'm a list-maker.

Tidbit #1:
I found this photo a while ago, via a polymer clay collaborative journal that's written in Cyrillic alphabet. I think it's Russian (since the creator of the jewelry in the photo lives in Moscow), but I'm not 100% sure. I'm not a language expert; I just like to look at pretty pictures. ;o)

I'm not usually extremely taken with animal print fabric and accessories, but I love these. I think it's the mica clay that sets them apart, but they also just look very well put together, from the polymer clay components to the final products.

This jewelry is the work of Xanka, who has a whole photo album devoted to polymer clay jewelry. The most recent work is on the last page. A few photos back from the "gepard" (cheetah) set, there are some lovely pearl "wedding roses". And if you love strawberries, you have to check out this photo (and this one) of a fun strawberry-themed necklace.

Tidbit #2:
I remember reading somewhere that books featuring glass art beads could be a wonderful source of inspiration for polymer clay bead makers. For those of us who demand instant gratification (or simply don't want to buy or take the trouble to borrow a book), there are plenty of photos online. One of my favorite sites for ogling glass beads is BeadArtists.org. There are a few polymer clay bead artists here, but they are few and far between. Everywhere I look on this site, there are incredible glass beads. Here are a few-- um, several of my favorite galleries: Anastasia, Ayako Hattori, Sarah Mader, Mr. Smiley, The Glass Turtle, Akihiro Ohkama, Ashton Jewels, and many more!

Tidbit #3:
While looking up some info about liquid clay, the other day, I came across this page: http://www.sculpt.com/catalog_98/clay/SCULPEY_TLS.htm
It contains some very helpful hints about ways to use TLS (and other liquid clays, since they are similar in many ways). Some of it I already knew, some of it I'd read before but forgotten. Useful for people new to liquid clay. Quite a bit of information in a short space.

No comments: