Tuesday, May 01, 2007

It's not polymer clay, but I love it!

I'm going to make a brief break with the usual subject matter of this blog (polymer clay, as if there could possibly be doubt (g)) to comment on something that is still "generally" related, as it pertains to art.

If you have time, take a moment to admire the beautifully tinted, cheerfully drawn work of Geninne, a freelance illustrator/designer. A few mintues looking through her gorgeous (mostly watercolor, I think) illustrations always makes me happy. I just love her style! (She also makes lovely things from felt and other materials, from time to time.)

Another art blog I'm fond of (but that hasn't been updated in rather a while) is Val Webb's studio journal. Her sketch journal pages (like Geninne's) are wonderful. :o) She works with raku ceramics, acrylics, and who knows what else. Lots of fun to browse.

And finally-- one last "artsy link". The Pants Press Sketchblog is a LiveJournal community in which a group of artists (each with his or her own personal style, as you might imagine) posts his/her latest work or sketches. Some of it is done in more of a modern comics/graphic-novel style (I guess you'd call it); others feel delightfully vintage to me. Always interesting to see what's been added.

I'm sure there are many more blogs/lj communities out there similar to these, but these are the few I've happened across and liked well enough to keep in my "lazy day browsing" bookmark list. If you'd like to share one of your favorite art blog links in the comment section, please feel free to do so! :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have any specific art blog I frequent, but I love browsing deviantArt when there's nothing else to do (& often when there is). Anyway, the main thing I'm commenting for is the new additions to your Etsy stock. When I saw the RSS Feed pendant, I cracked up. Love it! The waffle looks really good, too. And, well, everything else, too, but those are my faves. Keep it up! -Kimberly

Michael said...

Oh, yeah, I've seen deviantArt before, but I haven't looked in a long time. Thanks for the tip! :o)

(g) The RSS Feed pendant was Donald's idea, I have to admit. (He even made it himself, but I guess I shouldn't say so, since technically that's probably against "the rules". (shrug))

Glad you liked the waffle! :o) Thanks!