Saturday, December 08, 2007

Busy busy

Lately, it seems I just poke my head around the corner on Tuesdays, then disappear for the rest of the week! I've been working on some clay-related things, but I can't show any photos, yet, because they're all gifts. (I doubt that some of the recipients-- my father-in-law, for instance-- look at this blog, but it's best to be on the safe side.)

I suppose I ought to try restocking my Etsy shop, considering that this is probably the busiest shopping season of the year, but I think I may be too late, anyway, and at this point, I have my hands full working on the handmade gifts on my list. We'll see. . .

My husband and I each have an idea for a holiday-themed tutorial/project for Polymer Clay Web, but honestly, I'm not sure if we'll get around to them in time. There's just so much else to do!

In the meantime, there are a few Christmasy links I'd like to share. :o)

One of my Christmas projects that I probably won't get around to this year is to make some "candy" from polymer clay to use on picks in a floral arrangement I'd like to make for my table. One type of candy I'm planning to try is ribbon candy. It has such a fun shape-- and great colors-- and it seems like it'd be very easy, too. PCC hosts one ribbon candy tutorial written by Arlene Schiek. There are a variety of candies (including ribbon candy) in this HGTV-hosted tutorial by Maureen Carlson. Elsewhere on HGTV's site, you can view a short video clip of Maureen demonstrating how to make the ribbon candy. To find it, go to HGTV's "Video Guide", type "polymer" into the search box, and browse the list that pops up.

While looking for ribbon candy tutorials, I came across a couple of cute gingerbread house projects. The tutorial at Polymer Clay Express is for two-dimensional (flat) gingerbread houses-- perfect for ornaments or magnets. A tutorial for a three-dimensional gingerbread house-- great for a tabletop decoration that will last year after year-- is available at Sculpey.com.

One last link-- something that I found this morning while reading a few blogs: Elaine Robitaille's latest blog entry describes her process for making poinsettia ornaments with raised detail. There are photos to illustrate the steps, too. :o)

Well, off to get started on something else!
Have a great weekend, everyone! :o)

No comments: